1. What are IP VAV controllers?
IP VAV controllers are devices that are used to control the flow of air in a building’s ventilation, heating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system. These controllers are typically connected to a network and use Internet Protocol (IP) to communicate with other devices and systems.
2. Uses of IP VAV Controllers
VAV controllers are designed to control the flow of air to individual rooms or zones within a building, in order to maintain a comfortable temperature and air quality. They do this by measuring variables such as temperature, humidity, and air flow, and using this information to adjust the flow of air through the system.
IP VAV controllers are often used in large commercial buildings, such as office buildings and schools, where it is important to maintain a consistent and comfortable environment for occupants. These controllers offer a number of benefits, including the ability to remotely monitor and control the HVAC system, and the ability to integrate with other building systems, such as lighting and security.
3. Messung’s IP VAV Controllers
ECLYPSE™ Connected VAV Controller
The ECLYPSE Connected VAV Controller (ECY-VAV) is designed to control any variable air volume (VAV) box. It supports BACnet/IP communication and is a listed BACnet Building Controller (B-BC). The ECY-VAV offers an embedded web server that helps the web-based VAV application configuration and offers a visualization interface. It also features embedded scheduling, alarming, and logging. Control logic and graphic user interface can be customized as required for the application.
Applications: The ECY-VAV meets VAV zone application requirements, including:
- Cooling with Reheat VAV Box & Perimeter Heating
- Parallel Fan VAV Box
- Series Fan VAV Box
- Room Pressurization
Features & Benefits
- IP wired & IP Wirless connection (ECY-VAV Model)
- BACnet/IP Device BACnet Building Controller (B-BC)
- Integrated Damper Actuator
- Built-in flow sensor
- Universal hardware inputs/outputs
- Robust Hardware Design
- Alarms, Trend Log, Schedule Support
- Email Notifications Service
- Open to Web Services With the RESTful API
- Preloaded Application and Graphics
- HTML5 Visual Interface
- Smart Room Control Support
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE) Option available
- Allure™ Series Communicating Sensor Support
Compatible with any ECLYPSE Series Controller, the Allure UNITOUCH is an elegant, occupant focused room device that provides an intuitive user interface for the control of temperature, lighting, fan speed, sunblinds.
Allure UNITOUCH is compatible with my PERSONIFY for wireless control of comfort parameters from a smartphone.
The high resolution 3.5” capacitive touchscreen makes this communicating sensor the ideal all-in-one solution for a wide range of applications and is a perfect addition to the Smart Room Control solution.
Features & Benefits
- Elegant and compact design, provides a modern appearance when installed in any environment.
- Unique user experience with an intuitive control scheme for control of temperature, fan speed, lighting, and sunblinds, from a single device.
- The ECO-Vue leaf pattern graphically indicates energy consumption in real time to promote an occupant’s energy-conscious behavior.
- A distinctive solution that offers advanced technologies within a single product: Bluetooth low energy, glass front panel, capacitive touchscreen, LCD colour display, sensors, etc.
Allure™ EC-Smart-Vue Sensor Series
The Allure EC-Smart-Vue Series is designed to interface with Distech Controls’ ECLYPSE™ series BACnet/IP and Wi-Fi Controllers, ECB series BACnet® Controllers and ECL series LONWORKS ® Controllers.
This line of communicating sensors with a backlit display has eight models which enable the control of environmental zone precisely.
Models are made of combinations of various factors such as temperature, humidity, CO2, and motion sensor.
Features & Benefits
- Multi-sensing capabilities (temperature, humidity, CO2, and motion) using one wire and one connection.
- Optional CO2 sensor facilitates demand-controlled ventilation strategies
- Lifetime CO2 calibration is ensured by ABC Logic Self-Calibration system
- When associated to VAV controllers, the Allure EC-Smart-Vue Series sensors can also perform air balancing of the system without requiring an onsite controls engineer.
- Password protected technician mode allows an installer to perform commissioning and troubleshooting
There are several reasons why IP VAV controllers may be preferred over other types of controllers:
- Network connectivity
- Greater accuracy and responsiveness
- Greater flexibility
- Easy installation and maintenance
Overall, the use of IP VAV controllers can help to improve the energy efficiency, comfort, and functionality of a commercial building, making them a popular choice for many organizations.